3.26.2005

Bring your own sh*t

Tonight we shall make and dye easter eggs. We invited Caleb's momma (Julie) over to join in on the festivities. Sean is going to cook dinner for us all. He is making my favorite - grilled blackened chicken with lemon, loaded baked potato (with fat free sour cream and butter of course) and fresh corn - yummy in my tummy. So thankful that I am married to a man that can cook.

Sean and I have had to compromise when it comes to our kids and holidays and traditions. I will give you a couple of examples. When Sean was a kid, Santa brought all of their presents wrapped. When I was a kid, Santa left everything out in the open. So with Jude and Bing - Santa does a little bit of both - plus there are wrapped presents underneath the tree from Mommy and Daddy. (that way we get some of the credit - sheesh)

Another example, is that when I was a kid - the Easter Bunny brought me a rockin basket and my mom let me pick out an awesome Easter dress. (Cuz even the heathen go to church on Easter) That was the extent of my Easter. I have always hated EGGS - YUCK- So the thought of hunting for something that I hated was not a thrill for me. When Sean was a kid - he dyed Easter eggs the day before Easter and left them out for the Easter Bunny to hide. So when he woke up the next morning he had an Easter Basket full of candy and toys - and he had to go hunt for the eggs that he had just dyed the day before. When I was a kid, I thought the Easter Bunny brought his own sh*t. Apparently not in the Wren household. So with Jude and Bing - we will make and dye Easter eggs, we will set them out for the Easter Bunny to hide (since he is too cheap to bring his own sh*t) we will not only hunt for yucky real eggs but plastic ones with treats (ode to mommy) there will also be a basket of goodies also for when they wake up. Thank God Sean and I know how to compromise.

I ordered Jude a monster truck from E-Bay. Its the only thing he requested in his basket. I had to special order it because its not for sale anymore. I thought I was doing good by ordering it a week in advance. Apparently not. Will have to leave a note in Jude's basket from the Easter Bunny saying that it fell out of his bag (why does he have a bag if he doesn't bring his own sh*t) hopefully jude will not catch on to that contradiction. The letter will say that the Easter Bunny will put the truck in the mail. (Jude has been dying for some mail)

I did Tae-Bo. Sweated like a whore in church. Then did abs. Go me. Go me.

Happy Easter folks -
aw

2 people took the time to say:

Anonymous said...

Yum, blackened chicken is sooooo good! Sounds like you have a great Easter planned, have fun. -Laney

Anonymous said...

So jealous you've got a man who can cook. What I wouldn't give for one of those....

And, have I told you yet what a great mom you are? It's so great that you're starting your own traditions. What a family!

-MG