9.19.2005

Its official...

I am a soccer mom.

Julian's mom has got it going on.....

She's all i want, and i've waited for so loong........

Sorry. I can't get that freaking Dr. Pepper commercial out of my head. The one where the mom pulls up to the soccer field in a mini van, and the wind is blowing...and she's wearing a vest, and Keds, and those ankle socks with the little balls...and she clicks the remote and the van door slides open and its a chest full of Dr. Pepper....love it.

Today is Jude's first soccer game. He is playing against Taco Bell...yum...anyway. He is going to look SUPER DEE DUPER sharp in his new uniform. Electric green and black...and he is #1. Just like his momma was in vollebyall. I have to bring oranges and a drink of choice. I feel so PTA like. So responsible. So mature. Never mind that I will be on the sidelines making fun of other parents...

I hope jude does well...and has fun. I really hope he remembers the golden rule that his daddy has been trying to teach him since he started practice. Its such a true, true life lesson, and if he can remember that...he will be just fine.

Its not whether you win or lose son, but how good ya looked.

Two wise ladies said that I might need some PINEABU (malibu and pineapple juice) to help get me through the games. The other obnoxious parents, the coaches, the refs...i will find out today just how true that is.

GO CHEMTURA GATORS!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and for the record..he is fully aware not to touch the soccer ball with his hands. I snapped this when it was a water break...and they had to bring their balls to their center of the field.

14 people took the time to say:

Jen said...

Go Judey Jude!!!!!

And now that damn song is gonna be in my head all day....I just know it.

Jessica O'Brien said...

I say try a Malibu Pineapple Rum with Squirt. yummm. I'll make one too and scrap and we can pretend we are laying on a beach together- hehe! Your lil man is looking mighty sharp in that uniform! You are gonna make some rockin' sports layouts.

Sarah said...

He's awesome.

My husband is (cough, cough ahem) coaching my son's team this year, and we almost named them the Ligers.
I was kinda bummed that we didn't, cause I wanted a shirt that said "GO LIGERS!"

Getchya some pom-poms, hair ribbons and matching socks, and rock those sidelines, Mama!

Missy said...

I expect a full people-watching report... a la colleen style.
to the soccer field with you, mama!

Anonymous said...

you KNOW i love this entry, you soccer mom you... mostly, b/c i know those wise women well... yum and yum. i will drink one in honor of the game tonight, yes? take lots of pictures for me. jude is going to be SO cute. ugh. he IS so cute... and does the taco bell team get taco bell for SNACK at the end?! so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Julian's mom HAS got it going on!!!
I'm sooo flipping stoked you've joined the "soccer mom" club! :) THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY!!!!
I know Jude is going to LOVE IT! And they look so cute in the get-up, Don't they?!?!?
As far as the pineabu...you probably won't NEED it until Jude is Jared age...but it never hurts.
MISS YOU GIRL! Hope the game was super, and I get a post game report tomorrow! xxxe

caroline said...

hahah i agree. julian's mom HAS got it going on! hah

Amber said...

alright, could he flippin be any cuter?!?! love how you had to be super protective mama and make note that he KNEW not to be holding the ball. LOL i love you and your cute soccer mommy ways. you are one fine soccer mom. i bet all the soccer dads will be checkin u out. tell sean to watch out....xoxox

gloria said...

Okay, don't forget your chairs, your baby wipes, and your cloth for bloody noses!
My baby got a bloddy nose his first game (at 5yrs), and his uniform was WHITE...man. nightmare. ANyhow, we got him to laugh and show people the bloody shirt and say "You should see the OTHER guy!!"
Enjoy it, they grow up so fast!!!

island jen said...

woohoo...the next step in motherhood!! SOCCER MOM!! I can't wait for Draven to start playing sports, and looking all rough and tumble!!

Love that pic of Jude!!

And I agree..please report on the peopel watching!!

Colleen said...

awww...he's freakin adorable! you may be a soccer mom, but you'll never be one of those soccer moms!!

ooo...people watchin. a whole new crowd. i'm jealous

kristina contes said...

Horray for making fun of cheesy moms!! So glad you're diggin the soccer mom vibe. Jude will be a natural.

Di said...

Go Jude! I just learned about the soccer moms here in the last 2 weekends, lol. My son is also 4 and in his first year of soccer, but I'm the only one making fun as in this small hick-ville of a town everyone grew up with everyone, I'm the OUTSIDER. So, instead I call my friend in California on the cell, I'm there watching from the sidelines, on my cell phone describing to him the other soccer moms, hahaha...too fun. I need a partner in crime closer to me...muhahahaha. Your boy is such a cutie! My son was watching me check your blog out and he was looking at your son's pic and said "he's not on my soccer team is he mommy?" He assumes every kid who plays soccer lives in his town, haha. I've got soccer pics of my lil dude up on my blog if ya care to check it out, towards the bottom of the page. But yeah, grab that drink and have some fun, lol...

Erica Hernandez said...

Dude, he looks FIERCE in that picture!

Yeehaw for soccer moms! Can't wait to see the magic you work with the sports pics :D