9.20.2005

Question

I went and got Jude on my lunch break because he called me at work crying....

I WANT MY MOMMA!!! and it was his sad cry....

Moms - you know what I'm talking about. Every kid has about 10 different cries...the I'm about to fall asleep in 4.7 seconds cry, the you make me sick because I don't understand what the big deal about Sharpies is, or even the I'm feeling somewhat selfish and don't want to share cry. But this was his " I just need my momma" cry.

So I went home and picked him up to go thrift store shopping. Thrift Store shopping is either dead on with finds or it SUCKS. Today was a suck day. So we ended up at dollar tree.

Came out with two sacks of RANDOM shit. I'm talking RANDOM. Jude got a diesel PEZ dispenser (one of his collections), a dinosaur figurine, and some cheap cars so that his daddy can take a mallet to them and CRUSH them for his monster truck shows. Best three dollars I've spent in awhile. He just need some alone time. Some one on one time. And those goodies make him smile.

So we are getting in the jeep, and he says " Its hot in here..." and I say "It sure the heck is" and he says:

ITS AS HOT AS GEORGE WASHINGTON UP IN HERE

So my question is this...

Just how hot was George Washington?

And why is George Washington on his 4 year old little brain?

Love him. And his momma need him today too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

13 people took the time to say:

Sarah said...

Oh. This is too cute and funny and sweet.
That cry works better than the Bat-signal anyday.

Missy said...

clearly GW was hotter than hades. :)
loved this story!

pakosta said...

too sweet~!!!
tara

island jen said...

LMAO!! "it's as hot as George Washington up in here!"?!? Dam that is too funny! Love this!

Colleen said...

tee hee. GW a hottie? hmmm....if you knew what i knew about him, i'd say no, but who cares! that's cute as hell!!

Amber said...

dude george washington is one hot fellow...i totally see it.
i love it when weeman wants his mama too. makes you feel good huh? little butterflies all over my tum-tum. xoxox

Anonymous said...

wanna know how hot george was?!?! let me just quote dazed and confused....

"Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man."

so i guess george wasn't so hot.
but MARTHA, man, she was HOT.
maybe he meant hot as MARTHA washington up in here.... ?!;)
tee hee.
LOVE this story.
love that jude.

caroline said...

awww :)

Ashley Calder said...

so freaking adorable.

you are such a good mama :)


Ashley.

Anonymous said...

so cute

Just this Girl said...

omg! love this story and i'm gonna say this all the time now. did you spit laughter all over the place???

and he had wooden teeth? man - i suck with history. you'd think i'd know more about our 16th president in the history of the united states.....

Jessica O'Brien said...

hahaha- best story ever. Where do kids get these things sometimes? I think I might just have to use that phrase sometime. I'll throw it out there and see what reaction it gets ;)

Anonymous said...

'hot as george washington ' - lol... that's so-off-the-wall but i totally dig when kids say stuff like that. (like when my 8YO son Sean offered this solution when our toilet was backed up "let's call the mayor"... he must think they fix flood disasters and toilet back-ups alike!)