4.04.2006

I'm Baaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkk!!!

After a long, tumultuous (big word I know..I just hope I spelled it right) time without a computer...I am officially back.

I am so behind with everything, I don't feel that I will ever be caught up. But I am going to do my best. I can't even figure out what I should be typing about...since so much time has passed. So I will just start with the right now.

I threw myself into teaching. I figured why not. I wanted to get over my fears and combine the two things I love the most. (teaching + scrapping) I have tons of ideas swirling around in my head, so I wanted to share them...and teach them, and meet people, and travel. So on April 28th, I teach my first class in Shreveport, Louisiana. Its about an hour and a half from my house. The class will be on "Playing w/Playing Cards"...I have always used playing cards on my pages...so I figured why not just slap some paint on them and make a little album? The cool thing is, is that you can make like two or three mini albums AND a few layouts with just one deck. I'm not sure if its been done before...I know I personally haven't seen it, so I will just go with it. Tonight I am gonna make a "Things I love" one using the heart suit. I have so many ideas...I just hope they come out right.

My husband owes me a scrap night tonight. He told me, dared me, whatever you want to call it...if I ate a bite of his nasty, disgusting, slimy, fried eggs that he would do whatever I wanted. So I took a bite....it was like FEAR FACTOR for me. So now he has to scrap with me. I just don't like to scrap alone ok???

Napoleon Dynamite is on HBO right now...its playing in the background, and it never stops being funny.

I'm back. I am. and i missed you all so damn much.

a


15 people took the time to say:

Amber said...

FINALLY. SHEESH.
love your ideas. love that you are finally teaching them. i just wish it was here in g'ville...
fear factor at the wrens....i can see it being a big hit. :o)
xo buttercuppers
ps. in my heaven, you would never bite your cheek...like i did today.

island jen said...

YAY!! Ash is back and she is bringing her scrappin' brilliance with her!! Ok, so can you come to my house and teach me this?! So cute girl!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh wow, those are awesome, so when you coming to MI to teach a class here!?!

JB said...

Oh my god! I missed your splash of color in my day! I can't wait to see your album of cards!

Missed you tons girlie!

e said...

it's about damn time....
holy cow....
i've missed you!
xe

sarah said...

welcome back! :)
I so wish I could take your class...looks like lots of FUN!
xoxox
p.s. I bought the freestyle book this weekend and have been practically drooling on your pages! :)

Tanya said...

Oh that Sean....making you eat eggs!!! SO SO glad you're back!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey Ash!
so good to see you're back! now keep it up :0) book looks great btw.

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy Ash! Glad you are back. Pretty boring without ya. WELCOME BACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!! --teri

TriciaNae said...

Welcome Back!! This is awesome that you are teaching in LA. Shreveport is so driving distance from here. (well...the boats are!!). Are you going to be teaching there a lot? I will have to come take a class girlie!!!
Love the card book!

Ashley Calder said...

so glad to have you back, Ms. Pie :) Love your class idea.. how brilliant! And what timing.. I am teaching my first class on the 29th of April :) :)


Ashley.

Anonymous said...

so glad to see you back...think the card book is so freakin awesome! Love it...wish you could show more...thanks so much for sharing!

caroline said...

that playing idea book is SUCH a cool idea!!!!

&welcome back!

Anonymous said...

YAY! So glad you're back chickie! I've missed you MUCHO! LOVE your lil' card album.. that is seriously the cutest little thing! And how freakin' cool is it that you're teaching classes now??!! You go girl! Also, just had to tell ya.. *just* got my 'Freestyle' book and was so thrilled to see so many of your totally amazing, fantastic lo's in there! You're so famous!! Way to go Ashley!

gabbyfek said...

looooooooooooooove the playing card book.
lurve it.
big time.
amazing-ness, my dear.
xoxooxoxo,
g