4.22.2006

Mock-Trial


So last night I had a mock-trial for my playing card album with some family and friends.

Since my first class is next weekend, I wanted to make sure that I knew what the hell I was doing, and what problems I could run into, and what questions would be asked.

We had SO much fun.

I even made a new friend.

She emailed me a while back on 2Peas saying that she was from my town, and we met and really hit it off.

I was SUPER nervous to meet her though.

But we laughed and talked and ate starburst all night.

One friend only got ONE card done!

My mother in law came..made me so happy. She did her little album on her vacation. She got to go to my idol Paula Deen's restaraunt! (I'm jealous too *e* and Gab)

It was a really fun night, and it was totally cool to see one of my ideas come to life through someone esle.

Did that make sense or was it super cheesey?

What I mean is, is that I have wanted to teach my passion of scrapbooking for so long. So for me to make this playing card album, and to have other people like enough to make their own version makes me very happy.

10 people took the time to say:

JB said...

I'm so glad it went well! I'm certain the class will go fine, and when it's over, you'll laugh at yourself for being nervous!

Take pics, gotta scrap the scrap class, right?

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a cool class! Wish I lived closer, I'd be the first in line to sign up! :) Good luck girlie.. you're gonna be great! :)

Jen said...

I wanna come play!!!!!!!
Boo for living so far away.

Amber said...

so freakin jealous. yep. i am.
one day....soon....
stupid life gettin in the way.
so excited for you.
so proud of ya.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You rock girl! I just picked up the Freestyle book and am amazed, inspired, and awed by all of the awesomeness it contains...your pages are so unique and insightful! I just wanted to share that and to say that I wish that I could take your class too! Would love to play, get messy, and just sit under your tutalage (sp?)...sounds like a freakin great time...so much fun!

Happy Sunday!
Courtney

e said...

sigh.
you KNOW i wish i were there....
i know you did an amazing job...
i'm sooo jealous...
and...
i am sooo proud of you...
YAY ASH!!!
xxxe

island jen said...

awww...Ash! that totally rawks! yay for trial runs, new friends and MIL's who are cool!

Ashley Calder said...

oh, this looks like such an amazing fun time.... I so wish we were closer so we could play scraps :)


Ashley.

caroline said...

oooh.
that sound so fun!
and you are gonna rock the class!
wish i could be there...

Kimberly Scott said...

i love reading your past posts. dont have time to get through them all yet...but i am DEAD set on catching up on what i missed...and allowing you to inspire me at the same time! this is so sweet. until next time i am blog surfing.....muah!!