6.12.2006

New Leaf...or something like that.

Its Monday.
I'm turning over a new leaf today. (Is that how that saying goes? It sounds odd)
After a heart to heart with my husband last night...there are LOTS of things we are going to implement into our lives, and our children's lives.

Somewhere I just kinda got detoured. Just getting into bed each night kind of like...what did I accomplish today?

Yeah..the laundry...Yeah the dishes...But I want my days full. Full of meaning, learning, writing, health, good music. This is very important to me. I'm cutting lots of things out of my day that are just straight TIME SUCKERS. Things that don't benefit me. I mean do I really need to check the Celebrity Baby Blog like 5 times a day? Gwen already had her baby...so I can chill. Jimmy Kimmel at night....do I even remember what the hell he talked about the next day?

Its going to be a daily effort. The gym, the healthy recipes, the reading good mind food books. I really want a better me. I want to take my kids to the next level too. Fill their days up. Make those little jokers TIRED at the end of the day.

I want to scrapbook. I want to be inspired. I want to stop comparing myself to other people. I want to scrap whats important to me. I never want to lose sight of that. I don't want to just scrap when its someone's birthday! I want to do it for the reasons I started! I think by working on me...this will naturally come.

I just have LOTS on my mind right now. But its all good stuff. All ideas how to rejuvenate myself.

And to all you sending Sean codes...you are AWESOME. He is thrilled. Thank you so much.

Thanks also for all the congrats on the baby girl on the way...so excited. I can't even believe that I didn't want a girl...I was just scared of the unknown. But now I'm like BRING IT ON. Can you believe I'm 8 months??? 8 SHORT WEEKS!!!

peace,

A.

ps-Has anyone seen Bing? I can't find him anywhere!!!

11 people took the time to say:

Anonymous said...

gosh...isn't it funny how they insist on taking every single toy out at once? lol....he looks so adorable all knocked out amidst his toys.

wish you the best on your commitment to life. cuz it really is ALL about you. you gotta go with what feels right to you in your quest for accomplishing the better you.

hats off to you!

- g

BTW...what's this silliness about you comparing your scrapbook abilities to others?? PA-leeease sista'....you're the bomb. there - i said it now live with it.

Jamie said...

I love that you are motivated to make positive changes in your life!! I wish I were there! My heart is motivated, but my brain isn't. Oy. Good luck to you girl! :)

Elizabeth said...

I just happened across your blog and I think this is a great post! Just knowing what changes you want to make and what you want out of life is a big part of getting there, so that's awesome that you've got the motivation! It can be hard making such big changes but I, too, have to stop wasting valuable time on ridiculous things that suck away my time but don't really do anything for me. You've inspired me, thank you!! Good luck, and congrats on the little one on the way :)

e said...

amen!
i'm so with you on this..
colin and i were just talking about this!
eating better...reading more....
scrapping for me....

except...
celeb baby blog...
umm, yeah, that NEEDS to be checked.
just maybe only once...
or twice..
a day :)
loveyou.
xe

Sarah said...

oh the cuteness makes me crack my teeth!!!

Good on you for the good for you stuff!!!

JB said...

Ah Ashley, I am totally with you...I just want to be a better person overall, and I'm totally lame to start out with, so it's a big job. And if it makes you feel any better, I know there are people out there that compare themselves to YOU...I know, people shouldn't be comparing at all! But we all do anyway. You are so freakin talented girl! So go ahead, compare, but do your thing in the end, ok? Human nature is to compare. Ashley's nature is to do her own thang. ok? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

this picture is too cute
i can't belive he just falls asleep like that. see - that never happens to my girls..
good on you for making cahnges and working on your own personal being.
you're too cool.
(so does this mean our swap will happen soonish as well?!)

jill said...

ok, this cracks me up so much because when I was pregnant with lili I checked that blog at least once a day religiously. So ridiculous. But I love you for this and it makes me want to be a better mom/wife/person.

Anonymous said...

I Totally just started a new blog, in addition to the one I already have, I want to be come a health, mindful,inspired chic, so I have decided to become a Vegetarian, and I am starting to exercise and just let thing that I love inspire me and stop thinking is I am good enough, THAT SUCKS! So I say lets all join in, it will be fun, maybe we'll learn more than we thought about ourselves and what we really want out of life, ya know!

Michelle W. said...

ok... 8 months!!! wow! this is so freakin' exciting...

the pic is just so funny!!! LOL

island jen said...

omg...i love that pic!! and only 8 weeks!! wowzas...its flown by...well at least for me!! hehehe!