3.24.2005

A Cat-Lover & a San Fran Chick

Scrapbooking has changed my life. It really really has. It has made me become more aware, more thankful, more focused, more passionate. It seems so crazy now. I remember being in England at the shopette (an on base convienent store) and picking up that very first issue of Creating Keepsakes. It was July 2001 and it had a kid eating a slice of watermelon on it.
that magazine changed my life forever.

Fast forward 4 years later. I'm still scrapbooking. In some ways it has consumed my life. But only for the better. I have made two truly, truly wonderful friends. and if either of you read this, you know who you are. I mean scrapbooking binds people that probably never would have become friends in such a special way. I am truly blessed with two friends - that I never would have known or met. A thoughtful, Beatles & cat lover from Northern Arkansas and a cool celebrity loving chick from San Fran thats deathly afraid of sewing machines.

Its a hobby that makes me happy. Its a hobby that will give my boys a glimpse into their lives. they will never wonder how I felt, or what they loved as a child. Scrapbooks are my gift to them. and their children and their future wives. That is why I scrapbook.

Here lately, I have started submitting - I don't think there is one single thing wrong with submitting creations that were already going to happen. I mean, why not? To see my work in print would give me a wonderful sense of satisifaction. But I don't want to get lost in that. I don't want to beat myself up, or feel inferior if Im not one of those scrappers that never makes it. Never sees Hall of Fame, or never becomes a "Garden Girl" I want to always remember WHY and for WHO i scrapbook - anything after that or because of that is just the cherry on top.I am so grateful that I have a creative outlet. That sounds so cliche to say, but its so very true.

So, today I am thankful for what Ive created, whats the future holds for me, and for what I've already accomplished. Love you L & MG -

0 people took the time to say: