5.18.2005

Gone to California

Anyone that I have talked to, knows about my desire to get out of this place called Arkansas.

The south in general. No offense to ANY southerners.

BUT this is not where I want to buy a home, or raise my children.

I want them to have more. I want them to see more. I want them to know that the way it is here IS NOT the way it is everywhere. And i know that for a fact. I know they say the grass isn't always greener on the other side...but I will take my chances.

So while listening to the brilliant Mizundastood album by Pink...(that I never really listened to even though i owned) I heard this song....its perfect. Its inspires me. It motivates me. It makes me want to get my ass in gear and do the things I need to do to make my dream a reality.

I'm goin' to California

To live in the summer sun
The streets are made of silver
I'm like a rabbit on the run
Philadelphia freedom
Well its not like you have heard, no, no, no
This city of brotherly love Is full of pain and hurt

I'm goin' to California
To find my pot of gold
Corruption on every corner
Hustlers sellin' sweets
Baby is home cryin'
While her mom is on the streets
Everybody's dyin'
Have you heard the news today?
A woman in north Phili is mournin'
A bullet took another son away

I'm goin to California
I'm goin far, far, far away Goin' to California,
yes To resurect my soul
The sun is always shinin', shinin'
Or atleast that's what I'm told
I'm goin' to California
There's a better life for me,
yes Goin' to California
I'll write and tell you what I see
I'm goin' to California
Somebody say a prayer for me

4 people took the time to say:

Anonymous said...

You know that's where I grew up :) The OC Baby! It will always hold a special place in my heart.. can't blame ya' for wanting to escape :)

Amber said...

I'm saying a prayer for you my dear...a prayer that you can do whatever you wish. I understand what you are saying about that good ole' small town BS. We have it here big time. There is still that part of me that wants to flee, but my family is what holds me here for now. Maybe one day....

Meghan said...

Maybe because I have no accent, or I guess I just have a Utah accent that I love little southern accents..Although that isn't enough reason for you to stay in Arkansas...But I want you to be happy and I think maybe the best thing is if your beautiful little family moved with us to Arizona...Think about it!

marygrace said...

I want you here. So, so much! Now. Today.