5.12.2005

Happy Tears

I have an amazing husband. I really and truly do. He is strong when I am weak. He always has the right words to say when I am down. He definitely brings out the best in me. He balances me.

Last Thursday I had a breakdown.

Long story short...everything took its toll on me. The upcoming garage sale, the work that had to be put in it, my boys making huge messes, they needed baths, sean was at work, the house was in complete shambles, i needed to do 7 loads of laundry in the next day to have clothes for our trip, it was Mother's Day and I needed to have gifts and cards ready, I hadn't done Jude's Pre-K lesson with him in months, I felt like time was freaking flying by and I was just doing the bare minimum. Its like I wasn't focusing on ANYTHING because there were so many things to do, or hadn't been done. I work 8 - 5 and get home, and its dinner, and baths, and working out (needing to) cleaning up, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

My mom had called me and was EXTREMELY rude to me about NOTHING. I started sobbing. I hadn't cried like that in a LONG time. She hung up on me, I threw the phone as hard as I could..and ran the boys bathwater. Sandler had just dumped an entire Dr. Pepper on his head. Sean came in from work and I was still crying while bathing the boys.

He had brought me a Little Debbie Chocolate Chip Granola Bar...he held me while I cried and made me feel safe. made me feel loved. made me feel like my head WAS above water. He told me not to worry and that our trip was in just two days and that it would all be OK.

Then he said - I think you need your mother's day present. He presented me with this....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He did this along with Jude. He selected the papers. He picked and printed the picture. He selected the accessories. He did the rubons. He put the paperclips on. He even inked the pictures!! I haven't even done that it looks brilliant.

The little envelope contains a very special note from Sean, Jude, and Bing. It made me feel like the best mom in the world. All the laundry and the upcoming stress just went away. I cried some more.

But they were happy tears.

7 people took the time to say:

Amber said...

I want to clone your husband. Can I? LOL Sean...can I have your permission? Please...i'm gettin desperate.
..."made me feel like my head WAS above water." this is awesome.

Great page boys...making momma cry like a blubbering whale...that is what it is all about.

kristina contes said...

That is awesome! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Well, I just read this at work and have tears in mt eyes for you. I could feel your stress as I read this. So glad you have a man like Sean, so so sweet! Love ya-L

Anonymous said...

.... i LUB your husband too. OMG!!!! that's all i gotta say.just awesome (ok i said more). and i can SO relate when everything just goes bazerko ALL at the same time. seems like the universe knows when you're in a certain state of MIND and you're like a magnet to INSANE occurences beyond your control and it just breaks you down....Sean is like your SUPERMAN,dude.

Jude said...

KeRRy - Yes, I am lucky.

Amber - yes you can clone him. you live far enough away that I wouldn't have deal with two of him when he gets all "feisty". (word selected just for you)

kricket - thank you :o)

laney- awww you are such a sweetie.

AngiB - love your words. made me feel good. you put it perfectly. he is my superman. you also put it well when you said "to INSANE occurences" thats what I am...scrapbook page idea?

Meghan said...

Oh wow. Have goosebumps right now. Loving your husband. What a good man. I love it when they know the right things to do.

marygrace said...

((((((HUGS)))))) So sorry I haven't been around lately. I know exactly how you feel. I understand when you try so hard to be the best and things just weigh you down. But I think you're super awesome: wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister. All these hats you wear successfully.