8.25.2005

A Gold-Digging Note

As a kid, I used to flip all the way to the back of my Babsitter's Club books to see what happened in the end. STUPID I KNOW. The reason for my telling you this is that surprises KILL me. They do. So when I came into the kitchen this morning to leave for work and saw that my lunch was made for me, I ripped past the turkey sandwich neatly sliced into two triangles, and the baked cheetos, the perfectly folded napkin that only a former waiter could fold, and the diet cokes...i was looking for a treasure. I knew he would put one in there if he had made my lunch. And sure enough he did...and this is what it said. I had to go wake him up with tears streaming down my face to thank him.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think it was that I was so stressed out about Effer Dare #5....pushed him to write this. You will see what I mean on Friday Morning.



This note is EXACTLY what I needed. I love that man. I love him for constantly letting me know whats on his mind...whether its shut the f*ck up and just pick a color of cardstock or thanking me for having his children.



I feel incredibly lucky. INCREDIBLY lucky.



And a little off the subject...i LOVE kanye west's new song golddigger. I love Kanye West. I am not a HUGE rap fan. I don't like hearing about sucking on something like a lollipop, or pulling your pants down a little bit, or all that jazz...but kanye has a GOOD message. He is a positive individual. So me likes him. And Jamie Foxx singing on the track, and sounding just like Ray Charles doesn't hurt. I changed my video to his "Through the Wire"...its freaking awesome too.



Have a good Thursday ladybugs.



a

11 people took the time to say:

Anonymous said...

ok, blogger hates me. i am going to try to remember how FUNNY i was before and write it again...

tee hee... ok, i remember: i LOVE sean. love him. love that note... love how you two lift each other up...

i also love babysitter's club mysteries. AND sweet valley high. i mean, jessica and elizabeth were so cool.

wait, that's not the point. the point of this post is: i LOVE sean. LOVE you. LOVE the note. so much... :)

Jen said...

Holy crap. You should feel lucky. You have an incredible man there Ashley. Wow.

And I so used to read Babysitters club books too, I really wanted to start my own BS club, although I've never babysat a day in my life.

Missy said...

Hold onto that man and DON'T LET GO!!!!

Love you...love your little insights into your life.

don't stress about #5... it's fabulous... as are you.

I will miss you so much this next week!

Unknown said...

Your husband is such a sweetie!!! You are a lucky gal Ashley! :) I'm glad you had such a happy morning :D Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High rocked!!!

Sarah said...

Those things can turn your whole life around in just a second. Thanks for sharing, and reminding us of the sweet things!

Ashley Calder said...

how frigging sweet is that?! :) Sean and you are both blessed to have each other.



Ashley.

kristina contes said...

Oh ashel, I love sean almost as much as I love you! This is too cute and too sweet and perfect. I wish J would tell me to shut the eff up once in a while. I need to hear that.

Love that you love Kanye b/c of his message and maturity. He gives rap a good name.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed lucky! Your husband sounds like such a romantic and thoughtful guy!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my ash, that note just made me totally goosebumby (is that a word?). what a sweet sweet man you got there!

island jen said...

Awwww....I am crying for you right now! That note was so dam sweet! Lucky, lucky girl! And even more lucky is your hubby for having such a wonderful woman to write this note to!

Jill said...

wowsa, ash...will your DH make my lunch and write me sweet notes, too!? he doesn't have to mean them obviously...:P

and a sidenote..ur not weird. I did the exact same thing with those BSC books. It killed me. I wanted to start my own BSC.