8.30.2005

My sweet veggie pie Ashley tagged me to do the five random facts entry...here's what you didn't know, and probably didn't WANT to know...

1. I am DEATHLY afraid of can lids...I use an oven mit to open them, and to throw them away...The razor sharp edge TERRIFIES me. When I've used it, I push the lid all the way down inside the empty can, and put it at the bottom of the trash so my husband or boys won't even POTENTIALLY touch it...YEEK.

2. I received MVP in volleyball my junior year in highschool...super cool. I'll never forget the feeling. I probably never got it again because of my temper...I had been known to slap the floor in anger. Where IS that trophy?

3. When I'm working out, and it starts to get tough...I pretend I'm Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas and that I'm doing a concert and i CAN't stop.

4. Just yesterday i joined 2005 and became a cell phone owner.

5. I want to be a 4th grade school teacher, become a middle school guidance counselor, then an elementary school principal, and then save the world.

Amber its your turn LOVE SAUCE....

9 people took the time to say:

Just this Girl said...

i feel the same way about biscuit cans. i flip out if i decide i need to make biscuits... i literally pull that little tab with salad tongs! such a wimp, i am!

congrats on joining 2005! is it a camera phone?

and i would LOVE to look like fergie - even though i can't stand the BEP. ick.

Amber said...

dammit! LOL just kiddin
i will share.
can lids huh? amby did not know this. glad i do now, just in case i thought of slippin one in your mail love or something weird like that.
cell phone yippeee! cingular..bleck on you. :o(
you will be a teacher, and a counselor, and a principal, and then you WILL save the world...no doubt about it.

island jen said...

love your random facts! you will make an awesome teacher, counselor and prinicpal...you will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh girl, I'm terrified of can lids too! Only because I cut my thumb really bad as a kid on one, trying to pry it out of the can, and I barely swiped the stupid thing and cut the hell out of my thumb. So the next day in school, I had a bandaid on it, and was sharpening my pencil, and barely tapped the pencil sharpener and man alive I bled like I was on the movie Carrie. I put my finger in my hand, waiting for the teach so I could go to the bathroom and wash up, and by the time she showed up, I had a full hand of blood, it was so funny and so grody at the same time. I have a big scar on my thumb still, who knew such a small little boo boo would bleed so bad. So I'm very careful now!

Raina* said...

lol, I've been reading tags for the past week and I can't get enough.

Jen said...

Okay. So I have still NOT joined 2005, no ecll for me yet, and no plans to get one. Although they do make some really cute phones nowadays, hmmm.....

Fergie is hot. I wanna be her, even if people think she's really a man.

Ashley Calder said...

Those can lids are dangerous. Very dangerous. I too worry about them, I warn everyone in my family about them. I got that from my mom. She instilled me with a sense of fear, regarding the dangerous can lids. :)



Ashley.

jessica said...

The Fergie thing is hilarious! I guess it keeps you going though:)

Meghan said...

Dude. You gotta get the Pampered Chef can opener-it leaves NO ROUGH EDGES! Before I had it I was so scared of lids, too. Trust me on this one. Ok the volleyball thing? I always knew there was a reason I was scared of you..Sports with balls always have scared me!