11.10.2005

Branded

This is for me.
My declaration of love to him.
Because I have no doubts.
Because I am fearless in this love.
I am so damn comfortable.
I am truly blessed.
Because I have never been so sure about ANYTHING or ANYONE in my whole life.
He knows the worst about me and still loves me.
He thinks I am both beautiful and difficult.
We have no insecurities, skeletons, or jealousy.
I have been wanting this for so long.
I know not everyone will understand.
But this is not for everyone.
This is for ME>
because of him...

20 people took the time to say:

Ashley Calder said...

:) looks fantastic!! YOu are so cute.. sitting there, so calmly, with polkie dots in your hair :)


Ashley.

Anonymous said...

RAD! ;) Doing it for such deep, romantic, devoted purpose is THE reason to do it. Love it!

e said...

you are such a rockstar...
i'm so getting one someday...
i love that you did this....
i owe you an email.
xe

gabbyfek said...

you KNOW how much i love that you did this...
altho i still want to take a trip to miami ink...
for garver.
i mean for a tattoo....
this is powerful
and gorgeous.
xo,
g

Sarah said...

I never thought I'd be so moved by a tatoo.
I am truly, deeply touched by that. Greatness.

Amber said...

you are amazing.
you truly are.
you are cute, funny, witty, and totally goofy...
but you are also smart, sweet, and totally beautiful.
i love you girl.
this will look great w/ my bridesmaid dresses!!! :o)
xo xo to you.

Missy said...

yowza!
you know that's permanent? ;)
kidding! very cool, and very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wowza! You are brave! I'd love to have something that meaningful on me but I'm a big ole chicken. What a thoughtful tatoo -- so cool that you & your DH are SO in love! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! it looks SO awesome!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Good for you!

Jen said...

Well, I understand, and I thikn it looks awesome! I have brads intials and our wedding date on the fairy that's on my back. Good for you Miss Ash. Does Sean just love it???

And I so thought after that first pic that you were chopping your hair off. He he

gloria said...

WELCOME to the club! Be careful! Those suckers are *very* addictive! ::coming from a gal with three so far::

tracie said...

I think that there is nothing more sincere than adding your spouses name to your body for ever. I have my husbands name on my leg and he has my name on his bicep for all the world to see. Beautiful.

Where you have Seans name I have a tatto that says MADE IN CANADA with a maple leaf under it and then my birthday.

pakosta said...

how sweet is that? WOW!~ love that you did that..love what you wrote. i see a scrap page comin' on here ! lol....tara

Raina* said...

I have two and now I am kicking myself that they don't have any meaningful reasons like yours has. I got mine to impress a boy. Thank goodness he noticed and married me!

Anonymous said...

that is a very powerful statement of your love. If you don't mind me asking, what are the symbols above Sean's name?

Jessica O'Brien said...

so exciting
so gorgeous

i luuuuuv tattoos
can't even count how many hours ive spent in tattoo parlors

cannot CANNOT wait to see this scrapped

xo

Jude said...

glo- this is my third tattoo!!
and christy...it is the symbol for soul...

:o)

Nikki said...

Nice tat Ashley! I got a little turtle and um nope it didnt hurt lol.

marygrace said...

This is freakin' sweet.