1.14.2006

Wake Me Up...

For months now, since September...I have had an amazing secret. One that I have been bursting at the seams to share, I wanted to tell my friends. Not just anyone..but my FRIENDS. The women that have supported me and loved me from the beginning. A secret I worked long and hard on. A secret I beat myself up over. A secret that brought me joy. A secret that evoked emotion. Pushed me.

Do opportunities like this really fall from the sky? Do amazing chances like this really just happen? and to me? The girl that is EVERY SINGLE DAY affected by whats known as Murphy's Law? Surely I'm being PUNK'D by God. I was in awe. Surely Tracy Kyle meant to send the email to Ashley CALDER...not Ashley Wren. and well, that would be just plain WRONG. But you know what? It was for ME. and for some reason what I was doing, the way I was scrapping, the way I was writing...was good enough. It was what they wanted. And I didn't have to change. And I didn't have to use products that I loathed. And i didn't have to have ooey gooey sugary sweet FAKE journaling. I could just be ME. and that is the best part.

And now the time is here...and i can. I can officially, finally, and excitedly tell you that I will be appearing in an upcoming book put out by Autumn Leaves called Freestyle.

Side by side with some very dear friends (GENEVIEVE, ASHLEY & TIA) Side by Side with some women that i have been in awe of, and side by side with some women that I discovered and grew to love. What a surreal thing.

Ok I'm excited. Ok then comes REALITY. The deadlines. The guidelines...the REJECTION. Getting told that "this page isn't cutting it". How in the world would I handle that? My husband pisses me off when he finds a spelling error! But I was excited. and ready for the challenge. and EXTREMELY freaking nervous to get started.

I wish that people could understand that this achievement, this opportunity is HARD for me in that sense that I am so humbled, and flattered, and SHOCKED that I'm embarassed. It still feels like a dream. I'm not an arrogant person, in fact I'm the opposite. Compliments are very hard for me to accept. But I also know how grateful I am that it DID happen to me. Thank you Tracy and Autumn Leaves for seeing something in me.

Somebody pinch me.

32 people took the time to say:

gabbyfek said...

huge congratulations, miss ashley.
HUGE.
i can only imagine how excited you are to share this w/ everyone... and what an AMAZING group of women in that book.
enjoy this time.
xo,
g

island jen said...

awww Ash! I saw this in the pub yesterday and was super dee duper excited for you! I've always loved your work and am so happy that the rest of the world will get to see your brilliant creations!!

so happy for you girl!

Anonymous said...

I saw your name on the list over at Rhonna's site, and I was so excited for you! You grabbed my attention a long time ago...you probably don't remember I emailed about Bing...then from there I got into the Effer swing. You're all humble, but you totally deserve it! I'm in awe of YOU Ashley! Enjoy this amazing experience, don't doubt or second-guess your talents...you have it all! I (heart) Ashley!!!

Missy said...

Enjoy it chick!
and you know I'm proud of you :)
now just sit back and enjoy it. Don't be nervous. Just be happy.
xoxox Mis

Jen said...

This is the coolest thing ever.
And a book called Freestyle??
I can not imagine who would do it up better than you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!
Autumn Leaves has like the best books!!
I will buy it!!
Just to see you!!!

amber

Lu said...

ash!! i was so happy to see your name among that list of talented people. YOu do great work and you should be proud. Congrats.

Ashley Calder said...

Hey girl, I was not the least bit surprised way back when we each had our little secrets... :) You know you are loved :)



Ashley.

Sarah said...

Honey, this book was made for you. I can't wait to get it and look at all the scrapping goodness, and appreciate how hard you all worked! It's too wonderful for words.

Anonymous said...

You seriously kick FREESTYLE booty,girl- so this was MADE for you!!! Cannot WAIT to see your contribution! Congrats,congrats--dig your work, dig your down to earth nature. Savor it all!!!!

angieoh! said...

That is so fantastic. Congratulations. I have admired your work since the beginning of the effer dares and am so proud of you!!! You are awesome and deserve, yes DESERVE, great things to happen to you!

Virginia said...

That is so awesome! Congrats & I can't wait to buy the book! Hurry up release day! :)

Jennifer said...

Sooo excited for you Ashley, I can not tell you how excited I am to get my hands on this book!!! Your work is {beyond} amazing and you are so just doing your own thing, which I truly admire!! CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOTTT!!! This is so FREAKIN' AWESOME Ash!!!! Congratualations my friend! I am SO excited and thrilled for you! Your style is simply amazing and you are SO gonna rock this book! Cannot wait to get my hands on it!!!! HOORAY for Ashley! :)

Hugs!
C.

Mara said...

awesome, ashley!!
congrats.
so so so exciting for you...

Anonymous said...

You so deserve this!!!!!
Congratulations girl!
your future's looking bright...
Mary
Harleypea

Tina said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!

tracie said...

Wow Congrats. you totally deserve it. Your scrabook pages are beautiful. I love your journaling. I would be so excited and then completely freaked out. LOL>.

Good for you.....!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratualtions... i admire your style!

e said...

so deserving are you...
of this and more.
i have loved your work from the first time i saw it...
i'm thrilled for you.
i can't wait to see this amazing work...this book.
loveyou my friend. xxe

Meghan said...

Congrats!
I didn't know anything about it - you kept a good secret!
Amazing group you are going to work with!!

Enjoy it and cherish it! It is amazing!!

caroline said...

whoo hoo! huge congrats! you totally deserve it!!!

pakosta said...

congrats and well deserved . you have such a "free style" it's no surprise. it's so real and i LOVE IT!
tara

Plastic said...

I will skip anything mushy or anything too close to the compliments you so deserve (that you say make you uncomfortable) and just say CONGRATS to you - very excited to see your hard work

sarah said...

congrats ashley! I'm so excited for you!

I can't wait to see that book with your amazing stuff in it!

Chares Square Co-op said...

since when did you start updating your damn blog so often?
:P
love you...it was a blast.
thank god i had you to share it with.
xoxog

Anonymous said...

I am SO FREAKING excited about this. When I saw this, it just brought a HUGE smile to my face! This is going to be the coolest book ever. EVER.

Amber said...

i love you.
i really really really do. (imagine me singing right there)
u+me=forever friends...yep..i ain't not math genius, but i do know that.
you and your am I being Punk'd by God? LMAO! NO, you just freakin rock. duh.
I'm so so so so so thrilled for my buttercuppers. I'm not at all surprised. I knew this day would come and I'm sure it will keep on coming.
You are the bestest.
XO
Mama's Muffin

RACHEL =) said...

WOW ASHLEY, THAT IS SO AMAZING AND COMPLETELY AWESOME!!! VERY MUCH WELL-DESERVED, TOO! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THAT BOOK!!!!!!! =)

kelly said...

I think that you are out of this world, super star, knock everyone's socks off awesome.

Anonymous said...

it was no mistake! : )

I am happy that you were able to help with this project.

Di said...

I realize I'm posting very late, but wanted to say CONGRATS!