5.08.2006

Wanted to share...

Sooooo much fun stuff going on at 2Peas...When I saw the album that MG created for NSD...I absolutely HAD to do it. I was so damn inspired.

I wanted to try each and every one of her little tips and tricks. The woman is insanely talented...I was so inspired that I pretty much spent ALL day Saturday working on this thing. My back was KILLING me. I even got Jen to do it...and have gotten Amber to promise she will do it. So excited to see theirs!

I did mine on my life RIGHT now. Like things that I am thinking, things the boys are doing, things sean is loving RIGHT NOW. So many little things I don't want to forget. And I know if I don't write them down, I will!

I'm too lazy to scan ALL the pages, but I did one on Sean, Julian, Sandler, Baby O, Amber, Sean & I both, and some snapshots that Jude took. I am too lazy too scan them all so I picked my favorite three.

I went to the scrapbook store, and all I came out with was this ONE piece of Minnie Mouse Disney paper. I LOVE it. I must buy another sheet of it. Its very Amberskolnick don't you think? {whom I ADORE} And that little black star on my nose is a symbol that I want my nose pierced.
!
Amber is VERY much a big part of my life right now. Such a support system. I couldn't make it without her emails and their insane titles, our phonecalls, our mail love...she inspires me on so many levels. She has introduced me to some AMAZING music, some YUM creamer, and we are so alike in so many ways. I am so glad she peamailed me 15 months ago. I cannot imagine her not being a part of my day. I love you Amby!


I am six months pregnant. Almost 26 weeks along. I have felt the little sassafrass moving for a very long time.
I don't know what the sex is...and I won't know until next week. The chinese calendar says boy, the heartbeat stereotypically says girl, I think boy, Sean thinks girl, we both HOPE boy, Jude says it better be a boy, and Sandler Bing just thinks he too has a baby in his belly.

I crave fresh sliced tomatoes, Mocha Blasts, and lots and lots of Orange Juice. Sweet Tea is no longer good to me, and I pee about every 4.8 minutes.

What I am trying to say is...this little baby...this little rugrat growing inside of me has been very REAL to me for a long time. Those close to me know how upset I was that I got pregnant. It was TOUGH. I felt a tremendous amount of guilt, that I wasn't THRILLED.

But to do a page on the baby, to finally acknowledge in my hobby "Hey dude...I know you're there! And I love you! And i can't wait to see you! Was an A-Ha moment for me. I AM going to be a momma of three. I WILL have three little beings to care for. It was meant for me. I honestly couldn't be happier.

17 people took the time to say:

Michelle W. said...

whoa

you rock on with you cool self!

amazing... everything you do!

Erica Hernandez said...

You're so awesome. I wanna see the rest of the album. And I hate to tell you this, but I think she's a GIRL and that you're gonna love her to death and wonder how you ever lived without a daughter :D

Jen said...

Your book is rocking my socks off right now.
So glad you talked me into this.

Amber said...

you are amazing.
you say you are going to do something and by-golly, you do it. this turned out awesome miss ash.
i love you too chick-a-roo.
counting down the days....

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you are so honest about your feelings. It is nice to see there are others I can relate to, I don't have kids, just me and my hubby for now, but I now what you meen about feeling bad about things in your life that totally turn out to be awesome. I'm not good at guessing, so I flipped a coin, it was heads, so that means a BOY! Hehe! I am sure you will be thrilled either way. Later . . .

Anonymous said...

how cool is that book??
i might do one too
and you know i have that minnie mouse paper too
and just haven't used it yet
oh, yeah and i also have a blog now ;o)
i love love love the stuff that comes out of you

island jen said...

love this girl!! amazing work and feelings!

jill said...

Ashley.
That book!
Love!
I wanted to do one of those too when I saw it on Saturday. I am so glad I came to your blog today.

Ashley Calder said...

beautiful as always, girl... love, love what you do. you are such an inspiration. thank you for sharing yourself :)


Ashley.

e said...

good lord...
your book is Amazing...
umm...
i want to see it ALL toooo ;)
heehee...
you are going to be the best momma to 3....and girl or boy...bing and jude are going to be the BEST big brothers...
i'm so excited to see your new one...xxe

Anna K said...

Just wanted you to know that I have been there -when I found out I was pregnant with the second one (after years of trying and failed treatments)I was devastated. And I felt so guilty for not wanting her. Of course when I look into those little eyes now I can't imagine life without her. Thanks for being so candid.
ps. love all your creations.

JB said...

Hi doll! Love your thoughts this go-round. I was w/o internet for a while and totally missed your blog! I'm glad for the change of heart re: baby. I'm so happy for you!!!

JB said...

PS How did the card album class go???

caroline said...

whoa
this is rocking my socks off
and i want to do one of these, too

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is so awesome. If im ever lacking 'MOJO' I just nip on here and check out your stuff. It always gets my creative juices flowing.
You Rock Girl

Anonymous said...

ASH! you've got me drooling! my mouth wide open! this is totally gorgeous! so SO cool. inspired again.

Jessica O'Brien said...

i just adore you and your work so very very much. so much heart and soul crammed into every bit of your being and 8.5x11 inch pages.

i could eat it all up.

i am happy you are happy and at peace with things as it seemed the lil tadpole was a difficult thing at first. xo