12.13.2007

A DELISH recipe + A freakin COOL christmas gift

You know the kind...its
the dish you try when you go to a family get together, or a holiday party and it
blows you away. You get seconds, and the whole time you are eating it you are
talking about it.

Oh my god Betty, what is in this?
Girrrrrrrrrl have you tried Betty's
fettuccine salad?

Betty...where did you get this
recipe?

I must have that recipe! I
must
!

So you get it from its creator and you make it yourself for another get together. Someone asks
you - OH my god! I must have this recipe! I must...and you give them the recipe,
and the delicious recipe continues to live on through different people.


My mother in law made this Paula Deen dish for a Memorial Day BBQ
a couple of years ago. Since then, I have made it MANY times, and it never fails
to get attention - and a request for the recipe. I really hope you enjoy it...It
seems so simple - but the combination of the green onions + the tomatoes + it
being served cold is absolutely delicious. You can totally substitute the fresh
herbs for dry - just adjust the measurements accordingly! Enjoy.


Chicken Fettuccine
courtesy of the Paula Deen

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons House Seasoning-recipe follows
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 (9-ounce) packages fresh fettuccine
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped green onions green
part only - plus extra for garnish

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Tomato wedges, for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips.

Place chicken on a baking sheet, sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning and all of the thyme, and then drizzle it with olive oil.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through but still juicy; do not overcook.

While the chicken is cooking, cook
the pasta according to package directions.

Drain the pasta, rinse it in cold water, and drain it again.
Pat the excess moisture off the pasta with a paper towel if necessary, and put the pasta in a large bowl for tossing.
Remove the chicken from the baking sheet and set aside.

Pour the juices from the baking sheet
into a medium bowl.

To the bowl, add the mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, basil, the remaining teaspoon of House Seasoning, and the seasoning salt, and stir until well blended.
Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss gently.
Place the chicken strips on top of the pasta.
Garnish with tomato wedges and additional sliced green onions.
This dish can be made 1 day before serving.

House Seasoning: 1 cup salt 1/4 cup
black pepper 1/4 cup
garlic powder


Last thing...I came across this amazing gift today while online
shopping for Sean.
The wallet for people that hate wallets.
OH MY
GOODNESS...the perfect thing for my husband.
He is constantly complaining
about it when he sits on his wallet while driving, he hates it being
bulky...this is such a perfect solution for a simple guy like my husband.
It
holds four credit cards, your drivers license, has a money clip, and even clips
to your keys.
And only 15 dollars!
I ordered the Jimi Wallet in
Stealth...it was sold out on the actual website...but there are some other
online alternatives.
Just thought I would share my fun find.

Happy Holidays my sweets.

PS.
come January, i will not only get to reveal my
secret project - but I'm starting an amazing challenge that i hope keeps you
excited, inspired, and challenged.


9 people took the time to say:

Jody said...

That recipe DOES sound delish! I think I'll have my hubby whip it up for the whole fam sometime soon. So happy you got Sean a great Christmas gift. And I hope he doesn't read your blog. =)
Speaking of reading your blog...I need bifocals after this post.
It's like I fell into the blog "Honey I shrunk the Font"! {he he he...Love ya!}

Tanya said...

Mmmm...tempts me to eat meat again:) Very yummy pic, too.

That non-wallet thingy is kinda cool. I might get one to toss in my purse.

staceyfike said...

1. love that header, already said that before, i think

2. i hate secrets and i CANNOT wait until next month. (period)

3. i can't wait to hang again next month!

♥ ♥ ♥

sarah said...

oh that looks delish!!!
copying it down right now!
thanks ash! :)

Jamie said...

My friend has jimi!!!
He's in love with it!!!
Hope Sean likes it!

e said...

you KNOW we LOVE this recipe...
sooooo good.
now I must make it again soon...
can't wait to hear your surprise.
still owe you a phone call...
i know.
;)
i kind of suck.
xxxxxxxe

Anonymous said...

Yuuummyyyy... that recipe sounds delish! Writing it down right now so I can make it for the fam! Thanks sweetie! That wallet thingy would be perfect for my hubby... he too HATES carrying his around. So much in fact that he forgets it constantly which makes for a very irritated wifey, lol. Oooh, and I can't wait to hear the news next month - so exciting!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Send me your new addy if you would be so kind so I can mail you a Christmas card. :)

Kate O'Brien said...

I have to try that recipe! It looks fabulous! Hope you are enjoying your holiday season. Found your blog via SIS.