4.25.2008

go on

If I didn't shave my legs,
or make my bed up every morning,
and photoshop my pictures,
or wear eyeliner,
or buy expensive laundry detergent,
or wash my apple off before i ate it,
or logged onto my computer every morning,
or missed a day at the gym,
or returned my movies a week late,
or ate ice cream for breakfast,
or didn't use the coupons that i had spent time on cutting,
or didn't finish that book I started and got half way through,
if i didn't pretend to always be interested,
the world would go on right?
i thought so...
im slowly but surely letting all the guilt go...

aw

11 people took the time to say:

amytangerine said...

i am totally feeling this same strange feeling. just do what you need to do sweets! you are loved! and i am loving your play list.

e said...

ooh, i SO miss you too. xe

Anonymous said...

way too much guilt in this world.
it's a great idea to let it go.
i'm gonna try to do the same.

Linda said...

Love this post. Such a great take on it.

steph said...

Great post.
I gave myself a talking to on Sunday...I don't HAVE to vacuum the stairs every week. But if I don't I have anxiety about it. There are so many things I need to get over.

Kimberly Scott said...

well said friend...well said.

michelle raMirez said...

yep.
the world will go on.
I am totally workin' out the guilty feeling all the time thing too.
I swear its hard to retrain yourself huh?

elizabeth said...

thank you for this.

however, the whole coupon thing would be hard for me to get over...lol.

Bridal Magic said...

Great poem! I have to agree with Steph's comment above...if I don't vacuum every week will the dirt build and build and then eat me alive?

Anonymous said...

Amen....welcome to my way of thinking.
~j
xoxo

Eugene said...

This is a grreat blog