2.27.2009

Crunchy Thursday Night. Inspiring Friday Morning.

Working on lots of random things that I've put off for so long.

My blog. (a couple of them)
My bathroom.
My journal.
Meditation.
Feeling good. Feeling loved.
Positive.
Excited.

But that was not the case last night when I made red beans & rice and spent lots of time on it...slicing sausage, chopping parsley, sauteing celery & onions...following the recipe precisely, and then the rice comes out crunchy. @#$%!!!!!!!
Jude says "The flavor is great mom, but can I have a bowl of cereal?"

From now on...One day a week will be dedicated to things I'm digging...Sometimes themed. Sometimes random and mis-matched. Just visuals that make me freaking happy to look at, make me want to get up and make something, or get up and just LIVE.
This week its CHALKBOARDS/CHALKBOARD PAINT. I know they've been hot and in for a while now...but I'm so loving the versatility. The pots, the frames, the animals...I really love them. There are an assortment of websites that I got these from...doing a search to be able to give you links. Some of these I have had saved for so long - that I just can't remember where they came from.



Today is Friday - the weekend is before us...we should all be in good moods...So create yourself a post of happy things (words, links, images...) link it in the comments for me to see. One one of my favorite things is to look at other people's happy things. (truly!)

PS...Is anyone feeling like some new Overlooked prompts? I'm working super hard on something special. My blog is engaged to another rad blog and they are thinking about getting married. Should be fun!
Link List:

10 people took the time to say:

jen geigley said...

i would totally love to fill up my overlooked book. can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Unknown said...

I love your new banner! So sweet! and yes, overlooked sounds fun!

Pound said...

have you seen that chalkboard fabric? also chalkboard frame @ paper source is super rad.

aBlessedChaos said...

i heart your new blog direction. i've been following you since you were part of the Dares? pre-SIS? and i'm liking it. just sayin'!

pakosta said...

i love chalkboards too!
tara

Courtney DeLaura said...

ohhhh love chalkboard also
happy for friday also

Denise said...

love the new look and thanks for the cool pics/inspiration. good weekend to you!

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE MARRIED...it's honeymoon time baby!

Anonymous said...

Overlooked sounds wicked COOL...
I'm diggin' all the awesome chalkboard schtuff these days...
And yes, I'm so, so, sooooo glad it's the weekend!
Happy day to you, friend! ;)

Thinkie said...

One of my happy's would be if overlooked was updated ;-)
You make me think of getting my old chalkboard from the cellar, I just don't know where to put it...